How to Create a Competitive Resume
Your resume may be your only opportunity to obtain a job interview, so you need to ensure your resume is an outstanding one. From choosing appropriate paper, fonts, and print sizes, to writing impressive accomplishment statements, learn how format is equally as important as content in making your resume better than that of your competitors.
The objectives for this seminar are for you to be able to:
- Define the purpose of a resume.
- Describe when to use a functional or chronological resume.
- List information to include or omit on a resume.
- Describe the basic elements of a chronological resume.
- Describe how to format and sequence a chronological resume.
- Describe how to write a captivating summary.
- Describe how to choose category titles.
- Describe how to write an overview statement.
- Describe how to write and quantify accomplishment statements.
- Describe how to choose powerful key words to describe your abilities.
- Identify when to use resume supplements.