Effective Interviewing Preparation
An interview is your opportunity to market yourself as the best candidate for a position.
- Do you know how to effectively prepare before an interview?
- Do you know how to appropriately answer questions during an interview?
- Do you know what interviewers expect from you after an interview?
Your interviewing preparation and skills will show in your appearance, timeliness, comfort, body language, articulation, and follow-up. Savvy interviewers know just what to ask to determine your capabilities, ethics, and ability to perform the job. Your responsibility is to impress your interviewers and market yourself as the best candidate with the skills and motivation to perform the job. If you don’t sell yourself in an interview, no one else will do so for you. This seminar will teach you techniques for how to gain the edge over your competitors in an interview and enhance the probability that the candidate the interviewers choose for a job is you.
The objectives for this seminar are for you to be able to:
- List and define types of interviews.
- Identify the necessary preparation before an interview, techniques to implement during an interview, and actions to take after an interview.
- Name resources for learning the most commonly asked interview questions and how to answer them.
- Describe the most commonly asked interview questions and practice answering the appropriate answers to these questions.
- Describe when and how to write a thank you letter for an interview.