Terry L. Wynne, owner of The Professional Edge
, has worked in the fields of business, higher education, criminal justice, private industry, government, mental health, and information technology. Her experience and expertise include career counseling and career coaching over 2,000 clients; training; keynotes; technical, business, and creative writing; voiceovers; and talk show radio.
She founded The Professional Edge, located in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1990 in order to offer an array of quality services that would benefit both individuals and companies. Based on her commitment to providing these services with accuracy, attention to detail, and timely delivery, she incorporated her commitments in a Mission Statement and collectively labeled these services with the name, The Professional Edge.
"My goal is to describe what you can expect from the services you request, then provide services that exceed your expectations. You deserve to expect and receive exemplary services from The Professional Edge."
-- Terry L. Wynne, Owner
Contact Terry L. Wynne at 770-939-4367 Eastern Time or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to speak on your radio or television program; present a training seminar, webinar, or keynote for your organization; write an article for your publication; or record (and write) a voiceover for you. Then, expect a presentation with poise, confidence, clarity, and credibility.
- Specialist in Education Degree
- Master of Education Degree
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- National Certified Counselor
- National Certified Career Counselor
- Board Certified Coach
- Master Career Counselor
- Certified Laughter Yoga Leader
Selected Examples of Career Counseling/Training Experience
- Created Emory University's first career counseling program and solely provided all career counseling to the faculty and staff of:
- Emory University,
- Emory Healthcare,
- Emory Clinic,
- Crawford Long Hospital,
- Wesley Woods Geriatric Center, and
- Emory affiliates.
- Developed and taught a variety of training classes to Emory University and Emory Healthcare employees.
- Provided career counseling and training to government employees of:
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC),
- Internal Revene Service (IRS),
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC),
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), and
- U.S. Department of Education.
- Co-managed U. S. Department of Education's Atlanta Regional Training and Development Center providing training and career couseling to all employees of the U. S. Department of Education in :
- New York,
- Philadelphia, and
- Puerto Rico.
- American Counseling Association
- National Career Development Association
- Georgia Career Development Association
- Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in the World
- Who's Who in American Women
- Who's Who in American Education
- Who's Who in the South and Southwest
December 2, 2015
"Co-Living 101: Making Nice With the Bad Neighbors"
November 11, 2013
"9 Holiday Conversations to Have with Your Employer"
- Business Insider
April 20, 2011
"Working Long Hours Kills You"
- CBS News Money Watch
May 25, 2011
"Ace Your Phone Interview: 21 Quick & Simple Tips"
- Atlanta Mental Health Examiner's Mental Health Tip of the Day:
- May 17, 2009: "Choose a job you love rather than remaining in one that you hate. Most people obtain their jobs through networking so talk to people you know and attend professional meetings in the field of your interests to find out leads for another job. When you do have an interview, word process a thank you note and promptly send it to the interviewer thanking them for their time and expertise. Hopefully, the candidate chosen for the job will be you!
- June 3, 2009: "Remember that the most important promises to keep are the ones you make to yourself."
- Mensa Bulletin
January 2007: "Why Aren't You Doing Something With That Brainpower?"
- Atlanta Woman Magazine
"Toxicity in the Trenches"
- The Atlanta Journal/Constitution
August 10, 1997
"Downsizing and the Abuse of Workers"
- Decatur-DeKalb News/Era
June 8, 1995
"Tucker Consultant Offers Tips on Finding the Right Job"